Friday, August 8, 2008

Post Work Adventures

"So what I am going to do afterwork today?" was my thought coming home from work Wednesday afternoon.  Then I checked my voicemail:

 "Emily would you come down to the emergency room, Megan's in the hospital, the ER, she was in a bad bike wreck, I need to leave for my interview soon and she would love to have you with her"  -Emily's message on my cell

So Megan officially gave her roommates a heart attack this week. She was on her bike on Sawmill Creek dodging tourists, trying to get to work, when this crazy photographer, despite her yells, jumped out in front of her and she went flying.  The good news is, it could have been worse. The bad news, she has a broken elbow, nasty road rash, and will be in recovery for 8 weeks!  Yikes!  

Well that is not the typical way I spend my afternoons, and hopefully I will never have to spend an afternoon like that again. Generally my evening involve being outside in the great outdoors.  These are a few of the post work adventures my friends in I got into this week:

The first two are of a kayaking adventure out to the Parker group heading north out of town towards the Chai Chis.  This my favorite paddling spot.  You are guaranteed sea otters plus it's beauty is unreal!  The second is my favorite summer hike, Mnt. Verstovia!  It too, like everything here, is gorgeous.  This hike was a sunset hike.  We also brought up instruments so we could enjoy some tunes!  






















1 comment:

Rachel C. said...

Em, I love the pic of you, your banjo, and Verstov!