Monday, August 4, 2008

Meet the Roommates!



So as a lover of writing, daily journaler, and person who loves to share life's adventures, I have NO IDEA why I am just now getting around to starting this blog.  Now that it has begun I really am having to HOLD MYSELF BACK from rehashing my entire past year here in Sitka.  But I'll try to practice self-constraint, huge weakness of mine.  Instead I will move ahead to everyday life.  

Often times people's well-being is caught up in their home life (and their job too, but I'll save that for another post).  As far back as I can remember minus freshman and sophomore years in college, I have been blessed with great living situations.  (Oh, except for the Spring Park House, eew, how did I live with those girls?) And this year has been no exception.  

Let me welcome you to the roommates, also known as Team Charteris: (from left to right bypassing me)

Rachel:  An amazing friend with an amazing smile.  She is the downstairs roommate that often times occupies one of our couches with a book in tote.  She is the most laid back calm personality I have ever lived with and she comes from arguably the most incredible family in Sitka.  Her dad makes home visits when we are sick and her mom brings over hot soup.  Her brother, Matt, is also a great hiking buddy of mine!  

Megan:  Megan is more personality than you would ever find in one person.  She is full on all the time, and she rarely ever sits down even to sleep.  She is the most giving and generous person I have ever known, and she continues to encourage me to live a life of selfishlessness.  I don't know where she came from, but I am glad to keep her around.

Emily:  We are known around town as "The Emilys" and we are often times found together.  We both have nearly all the same interests: running, hiking, biking, backpacking, snowboarding, cooking, reading, attempting but failing meserably at gardening, and our same save the world desires.  Emily loves to laugh and brings just that every where she goes.  

So there are the roommates.  We are resealing the deal on our lease for next year in a few days!  So it looks like team Charteris (our street name) will remain intact!    

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like God has blessed you with another great group of women.
I'm sure you have been such a blessing to them as well, the second one sounds a lot like you, one big ball of energy.

Emily Bradford Routon said...

Annie... what is your blog address again! I want to know about the life of Annie & Comp. :)

Rachel C. said...

Yay for Team Charteris!!