Friday, August 1, 2008

August 1st


August 2nd a year ago I was on a plane heading back to the only home I had ever known, the sunny south, about move out of my beautiful Asheville home, leave my incredibly wonderful roommates, dear friends and family, sell my car, and put my beloved road bike in my parents shed.  I was embarking adventure that was going to end my life as I knew it.   

A year later I am so happy I did just that.  Saying those goodbyes meant saying new hellos.  Reflecting on my life here in Sitka I see that each day has been a treasure, and I hope to begin to share this treasure of my new home (but same me) with all who would like to see this life undeserved!   

(And to you Asheville folks out there make sure you look at the picture closely... Do you see what I see?) 

 

6 comments:

Kate said...

Ah! Where has that sneaky dolphin been hiding these days! A blog by emily...if it's nearly as much fun as your mix cd's we're all in for a treat!

Unknown said...

So glad you joined the blogging world, can't wait to hear of your life, I feel like I have no idea what you've been up to.

Melanie said...

Hey Em! Welcome to blogging world. What do I need to see in that pic as an Ashevillian? The buildings look a little like those in Asheville? The mountains...I miss those. What else? I don't know!

Brooke Sides Bio said...

Yes! I want to see and hear more.
Love you!!!

Unknown said...

welcome to blogger! Looking forward to staying updated on your adventures.

Eric W said...

Just remember,every blog needs an angle,if you know what I mean.Good job,though!