Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Ode to My Grandparents


So while checking my e-mail I was told by my not so genteel, but pretty dang cute grandparents, "your blob needs refreshing," so I thought that that is exactly what I would do, refresh my blob.  Thank you Rudd for introducing me to another useless yet endearing term.  Above  is an old picture of me and my gradparents (Nancy and Rudd) from the archives, ahhh hum... yes that is a hint!  Below is a poem.  Just a head's up, I am NOT a poet, and what you are about to read will be fairly telling of just that.  What you do for those you love!

An Ode to My Grandparents:

To my Grandparents
whom I wish everyone could meet
they are a delight
truly a treat
They know how to live
enjoy the outdoors
play with the bees
sit in the sun all day long
eating fresh veggies
from their backyard
sharing their laughter 
with all that they meet

Goofer and siller they older they get
they count the smokers 
and talk about planes
sharing their stories
and their quick wit
they know so much
they'll make you combust
And they never forget
to shout their angst
reading the newspaper 
they throw their arms
cursing about Bush
And other alarms 

Though I do have one complaint!
Are they scared of the north
can they not read a map
do they have no umbrella 
afraid of the rain
I've been here a year ...

how can the fun in my life continue 
without a visit from them?
 
What I'd give 
to be like them 
at even twice their age
But they are two 
whom I could never repeat

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They sound delightful.

BR said...

What a neat memorial to your grandparents during this time while I am missing mine. I do hope that you get to see them soon.
Love you,
Betty