Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do I live here?



So I just got back from my weekly Tuesday night dinner.  Actually I use the term weekly here pretty lightly because I am not known for my regularity in attendance, but I know it is there, and it is always a wonderful evening when I do appear.  

And while I was talking this evening one of the conversations that I chanced upon was one with a becoming more and more dear friend Brea.  Brea is an Americacore volunteer and so much more.  She is a great thinker and aware citizen, and I am glad to share this planet with her.  Everytime I converse with her I walk away with something that a. makes me laugh b. makes me think or c. both!

Tonight she shared with me she was checking out my blog links so Heang, Melanie, Betty beware, actually Betty she commented on yours, so keep up the good work!  And I told her the hardest part was keeping up with mine was the photos (surprise surprise).  Well low and behold when I walked in this evening in my e-mail inbox was a picture from Brea that I think I will share.  Brea actually sent the picture before the conversation had even taken place.  It is a picture of a Sitka sunset.

This sunset took place on Friday night at Arlo's house.  Arlo is a fellow Sitka musician and is my banjo twin.  We have the exact same banjo except that his banjo has a name.  Its name is Mercy.  I will share the story when I learn it.  It is such a great name, thinking on all the mercies we are given in this life.  I think that I will have to work hard to come up with a name as good for mine.  

Speaking of names, Aurora Rebecca was brought into this world as a gift to Candice and Sam Carter last night.  A hairy healthy baby, 8p 10 oz.  A picture of her will have to follow in subsequent posts.

3 comments:

The Sooz said...

What? I'm not on your blog list?

Unknown said...

sunset is gorgeous, but yeah, seriously, that blog list is lacking some serious singletary too.

rougeamour said...

A picture worthy of being posted a million times!