Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back in York







So I went a little nuts with the pictures... I think it is the sunshine. sunshine = picture taking apparently!

Since my return to my place of birth I have been totally coveting the sunshine and the warmth that comes with it... Sitka sun doesn't necessarily mean warmth. Here in York the two go hand in hand.

Somethings have happened to mean which haven't happened to me in a long time...
Sweat, what is that? Being overheated? Who knew... and this was my whole life up until 2 years ago! In Sitka right now, whales and snow. Here, heat and flowers.

I also realized why I don't take more pictures in AK, my hands. I never want to take off my gloves. Here I don't ever need to put them on. In AK I have many different types of gloves: biking gloves, winter biking gloves, fingerless gloves, everyday gloves, thicker fleece gloves, on-the-mountain mittens, electronic battery operated gloves that my boss gave me (yes they have a battery pack). Before Alaska, I think I had a fancy pair of leather gloves that my mom gave me for all my formal events, some running gloves that my friend Sarah gave me, a pair of snowboarding gloves, a nice pair of bike gloves for both summer and winter, oh and 2 pairs of knitted hippie gloves I don't know where those came from. So maybe I have always had gloves, I do have cold hands, but it is nice have a break from the gloves and run barefoot out in the green grass and eat dripping ice cream cones!

No comments: