Wednesday, April 1, 2009

wedding






Seldom in life do things happen without a purpose. The night I left Stephanie and Dan's wedding was one night that I was reminded of this. I had just driven away from the first wedding that I had attended since my move to Alaska, nearly 2 years before, you miss things living in Alaska. It was 12:30 am, late, I was not at all looking forward to my 2 hour drive ahead. It was dark and it was wet two reasons I missed my turn to exit the Biltmore Estate. Instead I found myself on a road that sort of dead ended into a field. I slowed my car, actually my mom's car, thanks mom, and came to a stop. Right in front of me was a huge beautiful owl. It looked at me, and I her. She stared at me and didn't move, I did the same. Since owl's don't blink she won, but right when I thought she was going to let me look at her forever she opened her wings and headed off into the darkness. Why do I write this story of an owl. True it was beautiful and a magical moment, but more than that. To me the owl symbolized the wedding that I had just attended, and the power and the beauty of Stephanie and Dan and their life journey together. It was the perfect end to a lovely evening.

2 comments:

BR said...

thanks for posting your pictures and writing about your adventures! It looks and sounds like your trip was wonderful.
Betty

CC said...

yeah for hometown visits. Em I hope you are doing well and we need to have a catch up session soon!