Sunday, March 22, 2009

HAPPINESS


Leaving the freshly fallen snow and fluffy mountains and the sunny weather snowboarding and the awesome adventure partners over my precious spring break wasn't easy, but it didn't take long to realize that ALASKA, although I hate to tell myself, doesn't have it all. Here is the position that I found myself for quite sometime today. At one point I hear laughter from the back porch and find my mom snapping photos of her daughter on a chilly day in SC, 70 degrees, laying out in her bikini! I would have shared the first picture she took but I blended in with the white building behind me. I had to come in after about 1 1/2 hours because I found myself overheated. My grandpa Rudd found it hysterical at one point to come and pour some cold water on me. Although I acted angry and gave him some grief it actually felt delightful. And I would have laid out in the soft green grass but my dad booted me to the patio because he said he would be mowing the yard. Not the case however, he became a little side tracked, typical, instead he positioned in front of our TV watching the NCAA tournament, very distractable that one.

At this rate I might be returning to not so sunny Sitka with something rarely seen... a sun tan!

It hasn't happened yet, I have a long way to go, but I am hopeful and the sun is still shining!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

i love these posts! i know exactly how you feel...70 degrees and sun is TOTALLY laying-out weather! i hope you continue to enjoy being home. It's snowing again today here in sweden, but i'll be in SC in a month so i'm trying to savor the last of the winter and all those gloves...