Sunday, March 15, 2009

Delightfulness

My girls, (from the right) Brandy, Heather, Me, Stacy, Nicole, Maria, and Elise (also a leader).
Us again!
The leaders...
The leaders again!

As a child I had this false assumption that once you reached a certain age (post high school or college) life would just get lamer with each passing year, lies! It just gets better...

For the past 3 months I have become a part of an active member of an organization called Young Life. I was hesitant to join my first year in Sitka for numerous reasons, but now that I have begun there is no going back, I am obsessed. Basically you join to love kids and then in return they love you back. This weekend Young Life took a group of high school students from Mnt. Edgecombe and Sitka High to Juneau to enjoy a weekend of snowboarding, climbing, singing, dancing, bowling, playing, and most importantly, laughing! Juneau was no Sitka, my treasure town, but it was delightful to be in the company of amazing high school kids and sitting on a chair lift, I had almost forgot about this luxury!

No comments: