Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rewind






Weeks after my trip home to the Carolinas for Christmas I am finally ready to share the events. Out of the 400 hundred, that is right 400 pictures, taken these were the chosen. I didn't take any of them. Typically I don't take pictures for numerous reasons, the main one being they are bad. This is one art form I have given up on completely. Instead of learning to be a photographer I just I like to position myself around others who are documenters. Typically on my blogs I put the 3 pictures up that I took, or better yet have my incredibly gifted photographer roommate upload her pictures on my computer and chose from them. But in this case in a house with 8 other individuals, many of them being trigger happy, I had endless options. All of these pictures have been looked through infinite times by myself reminiscing.

Christmas even after the hopla of not getting home until midafternoon after endless hours of travel all said and done was delightful. It was sunny and warm, and I was able to be surrounded with the best company any girl could ever ask for. Goofiness and laughter were as abundant as the delicious food. I even have the pictures to prove it!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Its nice to see pictures of home! Melanie loves Emily and wants to talk to her more! Glad you had time with fam and friends!

BR said...

Em,
Great to see your blog! I am so, so glad that you are back in Sitka! I love you sooooo! Great bread you baked at school today too!
BR