Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Year of the Baby



So I know in China this year is the year of the tiger, however in my life it is the year of the baby. It all happened again this morning when I awoke to my cell phone beeping. I checked my voicemail and one of my dear friends and former college roommates left this message (make sure you tag a south accent onto it because she sure has it):

"Emily I'm calling you at 8:15 am my time which I know is 4:15 your time, but I don't really care at this point because I've been calling you multiple times this past month and you just never call me back. But I am going to have to go ahead and say this over the phone. I wanted to tell you in person but I'm going to have to tell you now cause who knows when you're going to call me back. Dale and I are going to have a baby. I am four months pregnant. Again sorry I had to tell you over the phone, by now you might already know if you talked to Amy or Brian or anybody...."

Well I hadn't talked to Amy or Brian, but I was not surprised. Not at all. So far this year my two best friends from high school: Jeannie and Rachel, my two roommates from college: Amy and Katie, my dear friend Brooke who I was the maid of honor in her wedding, as well as both of my cousins Anne and Rachel, have been pregnant or had a child.

So after a run with my roommate Emily I went ahead and finished Brooke's baby gift, because now Katie had stepped in line. Little Blueberry's gift (Blueberry is what Brooke and Derrick temporary name for their baby) can be seen above. This is what you call a Mei Tai Baby Carrier. If you google just that you should be able to find a pattern. And if you have any questions feel free to send them my way because I haven't stopped making them all year!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I completely understand. I have lots of pregnant friends. We can be each other's un-pregnant friends!

BR said...

I love your baby carrier! You are so talented! Nice work! I'm glad you photographed one of the many carriers you have made!