Monday, March 22, 2010

retiring fabulous

So for the last hmmm... 2 years or so fabulous has been my favorite word. This may be longer actually?

Well for years it has frequented my vocabulary. I haven't done a daily count, but I would say it flowed freely out of my mouth out as I expressed myself and feelings. I would have called it my favorite word. Recently, however, this is not the case. I have adopted a new word
.

Like fabulous it:
*is fantastic to say,
*it is a positive describing word (adjective),
*it begins with an f and finally
*it is three syllables

If you haven't guess it already the word is... fantastic.

This word has been used recently because:

1) The weather outside has been so sunny and glorious,
2) It is SPRING BREAK
3) April Verch came to town
4) My aunt, uncle, and three cousins will be here in 4 days
5) Herring season is here which means so are the whales

Things that are less fantastic:

1) I still haven't finished my taxes,
2) It is NOT spring break for grad school
3) I have to write a grant, scary!
4) And I have to work on job applications
.

2 comments:

BR said...

FANTASTIC! I can't wait to be with you SOON and hear about all the FANTASTIC things in your life. Feel free to tell me about the lesser - FABULOUS things going on as well!

Melanie said...

I'm glad you chose that instead of the other f words. :) I'm glad you were trying to be positive amidst all the un-fantastic things. I'm cheering for you!