Sunday, January 26, 2014

half birthday

So I just had an epiphany that this blog used to focus on all of my Alaskan adventures and as of late it has turned into the banterings of a new smitten momma.  If the change has bothered you I apologize, my life outwardly is NOTHING like it was 6 1/2 years ago when I started this blog!  NOTHING besides the fact that I am a displaced southern girl LOVING and everyday appreciating living in the wilds of Alaska.  Inwardly though, deep down I am the same God fearing, fresh air breathing, daughter of 2 amazing full of life parents who in the last 6 months has undergone a major role shift, being a parent myself!

And boy am I LOVIN' it!  Every minute of it!

Yesterday we celebrated Ruthann's half birthday (today is the official day) by climbing and MOUNTAIN, her 2nd, and crashing a party to make the captive audience celebrate with us!  They weren't too in pained by having to celebrate, because it did involve delicious CAKE!  And Ruthann sure enjoyed the sensory play (Thank you Beth our earily childhood trained, a new mom herself and as of March 1, Ruthann's nanny!) for the vocabulary term for the event of Ruthann squishing birthday cake and frosting in her fingers.  Ruthann isn't eating solids yet, but she sure did dive bomb her cake!  It was a little odd just making 1/2 of a cake and according to my dear friend Emily Clark (formerly Buck), the 1/2 birthday cake tradition needs to come to a healthy end after her first true 1/2 birthday.  Apparently her husband's mom created a monster of a son who was raised on 1/2 birthday cakes and therefor she is the recipient of an entitled 1/2 birthday cake desiring husband, something no spouse should have to marry into.

So happy 1st and only half birthday dear sweet Ruthann!  Your dad and I couldn't imagine a more wonderful daughter or what we used to do with all our free-time (ah hum, climbing mnts constantly) before YOU!

Sharing our love of climbing mountains with our little squirrel baby!
Ruthann smiling for the camera!

Sensory play in action, I think we'll have to start giving her solids soon!


No comments: