Sunday, January 5, 2014

Change for this momma's 2014! Here we go...

Tomorrow this momma is going back to work.  It has been an amazing past 5 1/2 months with little Squeaks growing and developing like a weed.

I am going into this full-time work thing with an open mind.  Aaron and I are probably the most fugal folks we know, so if and when Aaron goes on full salary with Young Life, we could do the one salary thing for a while if we chose to.  However, for now at least Squeaks is going to be in good hands.   Plus, I have the best job I've ever had, so perhaps working full-time will be the way we go!?

Gratefully we have top notch childcare!  Tomorrow she is going to spend the morning with her dad (who works more swing shift hours and weekends) and cared for by a dear friend and mother of 2 (TWINS, YIKES!) in the pm.  Jan. and Feb. different friends have volunteered to care for Ruthann in the afternoon, praise God and in March we have something more regular: a friend who just gave birth a week ago today will be her childcare provider.  We are grateful, because not only is she a close friend, but she also has a degree in early childhood and is a baby expert, hallelujah!

I am not so naive not to know this transition is going to be difficult.  Some big changes are going to have to happen.  For one, Ruthann's laissez faire lifestyle is going to have to be a little more regimented and sleep patterns are going to have to fall into a routine here soon, or life could be difficult!  I also know that caffeine and I will probably be stronger connected that ever before.

So praise God for 5+ wonderful months to bond with cutie-pat-tootie, an incredibly supportive husband and a great job to go to.  There is so much to be thankful for.  Here's to a great 2014!

But it sure isn't going to be easy leaving this sweet face:
(these are two photos taken earlier this morning)

2 comments:

BR said...

I'm so loving my time with your sweetest little bundle!! All three babies are sleeping right now and I've actually gotten some photography work done... what? certainly not what i expected for this afternoon, but I'll take it! I hope she wakes up soon so I can cuddle with her! I KNOW God has HIS work for you to do in your position working during the days, Em! So thankful you are able to do it!

prideofgood said...

baby so qute♥