Friday, December 6, 2013

BLUR...

2 weeks, 2 states, 1 wedding, 95 dear family and friends later we are home.  Aaron and I had the privileged of heading south for my little brother's wedding on November 23rd.  Since it was a brutal 2 day trip we decided to stay for a while, attend Thanksgiving and spend some quality time with family and friends.  From the moment we arrived we were in a whirl of commotion.  It was good.  It is also good to be home.
The wedding!
Ruthann got to meet her grandad!  This is them together at the wedding.
One of my most favorite singers, Gillian Welch!  We were able to attend her concert in Charlotte.  Here she is singing the classic Miss Ohio.  
Ruthann hanging out with her GREAT grandma!
The finish line of the Turkey Trot!  Here are the family finishers!  Unfortunately, and embarrassingly my brother beat me and Ruthann.  We let him win because he just got married.  
Thanksgiving day in our backyard. At some point during the trip we were able to see all of my family minus 4 of my cousins.  
My mom and her sisters at Thanksgiving.
An even newer member of our family, welcome Aunt Katie, my brother's wife!
Ruthann playing with my childhood teddy bear.
We even made it to my old home and stomping ground, Asheville NC!
We were able to squeeze in a 4 generation photo before we left.  Nancy is now in hospice care.  Goodbye sweet Nancy Prancy.  We love you! 

2 comments:

bird ross said...

how fun was that!! so yum yum yummy to see you and Aaron and to meet miss ruthie-annicus. Thanks for coming such a long long way. We love you ALL! Bird, Tom, Cecil and Delia

BR said...

Oooh! What a wonderful 4 generation photo with Nancy Prancy! I love you, Em. I'm so sorry you lost your grandma & I'm so thankful you had her for so long. How wonderful Ruthann got to meet her! I'm sure Ruthann will hear stories about her as she grows up! Loove you! Also! Congrats to brother for wedding & for his turkey trot victory and woot! Woot! Gillian Welsh!!