Friday, January 13, 2012

Second annual shelikof trip


I've been so busy with my new teaching position at Mount Edgecumbe High School I haven't made my "blob" reflections a top priority. Plus without my number one blob reading fan/grandfather to send me email encouragements urging me to keep sharing my adventures another motivation ceased. However I would like to share one other adventure from this past fall, it would be ashame for this trip to go undocumented.

It was our friend groups second annual Thanksgiving trip to Shelikof. The first annual trip was 2 years prior in 09'. However this year was a whole different can of worms.

Here's the summary:
3 feet of snow
2 skiffs
6 sea faring miles
14 miles of trail
4 cross country skiers
1 split boarder
3 hikers
1 sled dog
1 sled
1 Aframe cabin: Shelikof
Another Island: Kruzoff
one wood stove
1 rifle
2 gun shots
2 dead deer
beautiful private beach
sand dollars
no clams
no surfing
3 days
2 nights
Another Nice Alaskan Vacation to write home about

No comments: