Sunday, October 13, 2013

Birthday Hike

Thanks to our dear friends the Hugheys who volunteered to babysit on Saturday Aaron and I and our always up for an adventure friends, Em and Ben, decided to climb one of our all time favorite hills, Starrigaven.  Longstanding birthday tradition is to climb Verstovia, but Starrigaven was the mountain that called my name this year.  After a week of solid rain somehow this Saturday the rain clouds refrained from their persistent drip.  We were able to enjoy the alpine fall as we zig zagged up the hillside.  I thought of little squeakers often, but I knew she was in good hands.  And it was fun to reflect on  an incredibly eventful year of many firsts!
Right when we reached the alpine

This waterfall was loaded down with fresh rainfall from the soggy week.


 
6 1/2 years of hiking together and still loving every minute!

The big lake... I loved looking at the reflection on the water...

...and the fall colors

Ruthann we wish you were here!  Maybe next time!


1 comment:

BR said...

Happy Birthday, DEAR friend!!! I'm so glad you were able to get up a mountain, Saturday was the perfect day for it! Way to slip one in amidst all this rain!