Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bear Lake











October is not typically the perfect month for hiking. Just this Tuesday we were getting 100 mile and hour wind gusts and roofs were being blown off houses, yes, I saw this! At work I was radioed to come and look at the kayaks that had been blown off the rack and had big dents knocked in them. However fortunately this week I found some wonderful windows of hiking opportunities. These are the photos from yesterday's hike, Bear Lake which I had not climbed since April 28th, 2009! My previous hike on this mountain snow covered the alpine and ice covered the lake. This time, fall colors were out in all their Alaskan glory!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Em! I love the pics. You look happy and it looks beautiful--though cold! Yay for bday hikes!

I like the new backdrop. I think all you have to do now is go to the design option on your blog and erase one of the boxes where you saved that old backdrop from hotbliggityblog.com. Does that make sense?