Thursday, December 3, 2009

What did you do for Thanksgiving?











While the Bradford extended family gathered on the SC coast I also found myself on a beach this Thanksgiving season.

However instead of driving in a car and a staying in a fancy house (not that either of those things are bad) I took a troller, then a seven mile hike across Kruzof Island to a remote cabin with no running water and a wood stove as its source of heat. Instead of sharing the beach with hundreds of other travelers, it was a private beach with the only other people inhabiting it being the nine other people in our party.

While there other than eating the events were many: writing a Alaskan Ballad, endlessness songs, long romantic walks on the beach, giant swings, and having my friends wade through freezing cold 5 foot water at high tide trying to get across an estuary. The culminating event was a fiesta pizza from our local American, Mexican, Italian restaurant.


4 comments:

Rachel C. said...

I love it! I miss Sitka and Charteris St!! It looks like you had a fantastic Thanksgiving Em. Shelikof is amazing.
Miss you!

Melanie said...

Love it. So much fun. I like your big cheesy smile. :) Love you.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Emily Bradford...what a great trip that was. The boat pic cracks me up. I totally imagined a caption underneath each person.

CC said...

It's official-I want to come visit!